THE NATURE OF BLOOD.

Ever wondered what blood really is and what properties it’s made from? Blood is the fluid component of the cardiovascular system and is circulated throughout the entire body via blood vessels. Some say it’s probably the most important fluid in our bodies. Any part of the body, organs or cells that doesn’t receive blood for a few minutes’ ends up dying!! Either way, blood, a form of connective tissue has a multitude of important functions. 

natblood2   natblood4

Firstly, let’s look at what makes up the blood. 37-54% is made up of formed elements of which 99, 9% is red blood cells (RBC) and 0, 1% is made up of platelets and white blood cells. Red blood cells or erythrocytes are bio concave discs that are formed in the bone marrow and each RBC lasts for 120 days. There are 4 blood types namely A, B, AB and O either Rh negative or positive. 3 million RBC’s are produced per second and they are mainly responsible for the transportation of oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body and carbon dioxide back to the lungs. White blood cells (WBC) or leukocytes form part of defense mechanisms or the immunity. The five main WBC’s are Esioniophils, Basophils, Neutrophils, Monocytes and Lymphocytes. They are present when there’s an infection, inflammation; engulf pathogens and cell debris and aid in the repairing of damaged tissues. Platelets main functions are to help initiate and control the clotting process and to form a temporary patch in the walls of damaged blood vessels.
Plasma constitutes 46-63% of the total blood. Plasma is made up of 92% water and the other 8%, in suspension, is made up of plasma proteins, hormones, enzymes, Electrolytes, organic nutrients and waste materials which make it slightly denser than water.

natblood3   natblood1

INTRESTING FACTS OF BLOOD.
1. The human body contains between 4 and 6 liters of blood depending on body size.

2. The blood temperature is on average 38 C.
3. Blood is 5 times more viscous as water and the pH of blood is between 7.35 and 7.45.
4. Each red blood cell will travel approximately 1120 km’s or 700 miles and last about 4 months in circulation in its 120 day lifespan.
5. Old blood cells are recycled by macrophages; the iron and amino acids are removed and transported to the bone marrow for new red blood cell production. The remainder of the damaged RBC is absorbed by the liver and the excreted in bile and urine.
6. The heart beats about 100 000 times a day and pumps approximately 8000 liters of blood through an estimated 40 000kms of arteries, veins and capillaries.
7. Blood makes up approximately 7% of your body weight. If you weigh 75 kg’s the blood volume would be about 5.25 liters.

FUNCTION OF BLOOD.
1. The transportation of dissolved gasses (O2 and CO2), nutrients, hormones and metabolic wastes.
2. The regulation of pH and ion composition of interstitial fluids.
3. The restriction of fluid loss at injury sites i.e. through blood clotting when one receives a cut.
4. Defense against toxins and pathogens i.e. infections like colds and flu.
5. The stabilization of body temperature.

natblood5

Achieve OPTIMAL HEALTH by identifying
your hidden imbalances


Most of the criticism of live blood analysis arises from the basic misconception that live blood analysis is a diagnostic tool. It is not in any way a tool used to make a medical diagnosis of any specific medical condition and therefore its findings can not be easily correlated with conventional medical diagnostic tests.


The real strength of live blood analysis lies in its ability to assess the state of a person’s biological terrain; to determine its level of toxicity, acidity, oxygenation, nutrition and ecological balance.

We are able to see the effects of free radical toxins very easily by looking at live blood. Red blood cells travel throughout the body and because they are anuclear (they have no nucleus), their ability to repair their cellular membranes after being damaged through oxidation is limited. They are therefore very susceptible to damage by free radicals and offer a very sensitive marker for toxicity / oxidation. Most normal specimens will have some damaged red cells, but a much higher number of damaged cells is clinically significant. Conventional blood smears ignore the finding of damaged red cells because the blood cells are damaged by the process used to prepare and stain the slide.

SB1   SB2   SB3